If you want your smile to thrive this holiday season, you need to make sure you’re doing everything you can to prevent the formation of cavities. Cavities are formed when your tooth enamel has been worn down to the point a hole is present. Typically, cavities are the result of harmful acids and dental erosion. Protect your smile this holiday season with these helpful habits:
– Always make sure you’re eating a healthy diet that is jam-packed with clean foods and low in sugar.
– Clean between your teeth daily with a suitable floss or interdental cleaner such as a water flosser.
– Always use a safe and effective mouthwash product that is effective at neutralizing harmful acids and good for rinsing away bacteria and plaque.
– Steer clear of overly sticky or chewy foods that can linger in your mouth long after consumption. Any food left over on your teeth and gums can considerably increase the rate at which tooth decay and cavities can occur.
– Try using chewing gum after meals, as it has been shown to create enough saliva to help promote cavity prevention.
– Always be sure to brush your teeth two times every day with toothpaste that implements cavity prevention.
– Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings, oral examinations, and routine check-ups to determine if any damage or plaque buildup is visible.
Cavity prevention cleanings may be the dentistry services you need. For an oral checkup at Taylor Family Dentistry at our dentist office in Mason, Ohio, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Jennifer E. Taylor and our team by calling our office at 513.229.7801.