Tooth-colored fillings, also referred to as composite fillings, are realistic looking dental fillings used to protect teeth that have been damaged by cavities. As a natural-looking alternative to dental amalgams, composite fillings are noted to work best for small and mid-size cavities.
Composite fillings can save your smile from the ravages of cavities in only a minimal amount of time in our office of Taylor Family Dentistry. To learn more about what composite fillings can do for you, consider the following:
– Typically, composite fillings can last upwards of a decade.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and more resistant to cracking in smaller cavities than dental amalgams.
– Composite fillings do not contain mercury, which some people may be allergic to.
– If your composite fillings ever need to be repaired, the original fillings do not need to be removed.
– Composite fillings can be used on front teeth and back teeth.
– Dental veneers are completely customizable and designed for – If you are seeking a more natural-looking filling, composites have the added benefit of matching the colors of your teeth so they can blend in with your natural teeth.
If you have a cavity that needs to be repaired, our dentists at Taylor Family Dentistry can provide you with tooth-colored composite fillings for nearly all sizes of cavities. To book an appointment with Dr. Jennifer E. Taylor at our office in Mason, Ohio, you can call us at 513.229.7801. Conquering cavities has never been easier!